Taiwan is a highly desirable destination for foreigners. With its stunningly beautiful landscape, modern lifestyle, and amazing culinary offerings, this small but extraordinarily friendly island is one of the most underrated destinations in Asia. Taiwan enjoys one of the highest standards of living in Asia and ranks high in terms of economic liberalization, health care, human rights, political freedom, safety, and low cost of living, making it a comfortable and convenient place to live, work, and travel.
Profile of a Foresight Teacher
Position: Elementary (grades 1-6) and secondary (grades 7-11) teachers
Location: Taipei, New Taipei City, and other cities in Taiwan
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, teacher certification
- Deliver an immersive, interactive, and engaging ESL program based on Ontario curriculum combined with Taiwanese curriculum.
- Extend and reinforce students’ language development through additional content areas (e.g. music, art, science, drama).
- Create a supportive, yet, challenging, English learning environment that is modelled on the Ontario classroom experience, employing methods such as individualized instruction and assessment for, as, and of learning.
- Work effectively as a member of a team, including co-planning with other teachers.
Key Benefits for Our Teachers
- Valuable teaching experience using the Ontario curriculum towards future teaching careers in Canada and beyond.
- A team environment including other foreign teachers, Ontario principals, curriculum consultants, and local Foresight staff.
- Immediate on-site support from a Foresight site-administrator on campus.
- A timetable with ample regular planning time scheduled to co-plan with other teachers and meet with the teaching team.
About the Foresight Ontario Program
In today’s increasingly global societies, language and cultural competencies are more important than ever for student success. To meet this demand, Foresight, in partnership with leading ESL educational consultants and principals in Canada, has worked to develop an effective ESL program for Taiwanese students that not only supports their language learning, but also their cultural awareness, critical thinking skills, and digital literacy.
The program curriculum, developed by Ontario specialists, is uniquely and specifically designed to support Taiwanese students using the Ontario ESL curriculum in conjunction with the local program. While the local education model may focus on repetition and memorization of vocabulary, the Ontario program focuses on learning English through meaningful, authentic, engaging and fun activities.
The ultimate goal of the program is for students to become proficient and confident enough to employ their English language skills in any situation they may encounter in today’s global world. Teachers also gain valuable experience in planning, implementing, assessing and evaluating student learning which will serve them well in any educational setting in the future.
What else can you expect from Foresight?
l Early sign-up bonus
l Renewal bonus
l Airfare reimbursement
l Airport pick-up arrangement
l First 2 weeks free accommodation on arrival
l Housing Allowance
l Apartment search assistance
l Visa application assistance
l Teacher’s orientation
l Weekly Mandarin Classes
l Celebration dinners twice a year
l Team building activities twice a year
Cover letter, résumé and 3 references, with at least 2 being supervisors who have observed the candidate in an educational setting.